Spencer family holiday Hawaiian criuse
1) Expensive cruise for such a dated ship. It needs to be upgraded in all areas throughout ship terribly. The mattresses are dated and uncomfortable. The linens need to be newer. I personally would not donate those linens to anyone they need to be discarded. Room P249 does not need to be used as a state room. It should be utilized as storage. One can hear absolutely everything in that room from Shooter's bar and Princess theater!
2) Absolutely need a new activities director and manager. There were barely any engaging activities for children, teens, adults and elderly on this entire 15 night cruise. So many scenarios I could give; playing the same movies over again and and again. One activity with staff and adult passengers were to fly paper airplanes between the Christmas trees on Mid ship deck five. Another activity was Christmas card making. Several of us passengers were told that there was not enough space and supplies after standing in line for 30 minutes. It was the holiday season hence people would most definitely want to participate in this activity. To not have enough supplies was unacceptable especially when the ship was sold out/full and I'm quite sure this activity was planned prior to sailing.
3) Varnish and blue paint are not enough upgrades. This should never be done while passengers are eating or actually on the ship due to the toxic fumes etc.....
4) Lack of handicap accessibility throughout the entire ship and the Princess excursions. These Princess excursions advertised that they are handicap accessible and "Easy". Handicap accessibility was promised by Price line and Princess representatives prior to our traveling date. I would invest in placing handicap upgrades throughout the ship since the majority of the passengers are elderly and/or handicap.
5) Princess excursion; too expensive for what we received. The first excursion in Ensenada should be removed due to the safety. My entire family felt unsafe and did not want to get off of the bus at any of the three areas. Other passengers verbalized this same feeling. Second excursion in Lahaina, we were to be on Maui beach for five hours and were there for three hours due to bus/travel time(should be on the beach for the five hours that I paid for and add additional time for transporting passengers to/from the excursion).
Third excursion in Nawiliwili was the Blue Hawaiian helicopter this was extremely disappointing; sunny on site, family was educated on safety and geared up ready to travel but was canceled at the very last minute due to inclement weather. Interesting, we seen the Blue Hawaiian helicopters flying almost immediately after we left on the excursion bus back to Princess!
6) Observed throughout the 15 night cruise multiple staff members ignore or rudely treat my family and multiple other passengers. Heard several negative comments from the staff. One incident was on the Capri any time dining (around 1700) Mid ship 5; my family asked our waiter if they had seen any dolphins swimming. Our waiter and his two assistants made negative comments to us "Haven't you seen all of the whales around the ship? Just look around in here or around the walls and you will see so many whales" All three of them laughing while my family and I just shook our heads and said nothing. My mother and sons heard the staff on deck 14 at the Horizon buffet say "Hey, white boy don't I speak good enough English for you!" This is absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable behavior. If they are not happy with their employment they should seek employment elsewhere. No one wants to hear or feel negativity.
7) Pursers desk staff (excluding one female one time in the evening) were extremely condescending, rude and inpatient when anyone had a question regardless of the question. This is how I was addressed "Next" not one person said how may I help you......
On separate occasions Roman Stavenschi and Roberto Quispe Rivas were extremely condescending and rude to me regarding questions I had about my credits on my account.
8) Staff/Crew appeared to be completely disorganized in regards to the immigration when we arrived in Honolulu. I can say that my family and I heard all day long and from multiple passengers negative comments regarding the disorganization from this staff/crew.
9) The food was not tasteful or pleasant anywhere. The any time dining was not a pleasant experience we felt rushed every single time we entered the room
(Capri anytime dining deck 5). The food was never hot anywhere even when we received food items from the grill! My family actually lost weight on this cruise.
10) Albert Garcia (Housekeeper) and Marija Markovic' (Hostess) were very pleasant at all times and need to be acknowledged by Princess Administrative staff.
11) Water heat and the water pressure were excellent in the room.
12) This was my family first and and will be the last cruise with Princess.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Please see above comments 1-11