Star Princess Cruise Review to Hawaii

Second Mate

Nirovirus Cruise

Sail Date: April 29, 2015

I am not rating this cruise based on the Nirovirus.  We were disappointed mostly by the food on lido and the dining room.  This is our 2nd cruise on Princess.  And our 18th cruise total varied on different cruise lines.  The lido food was like cafeteria food, very disappointing.  The dining room was better but not much of a selection.  I think the ports that we visited, we should be there longer, we cruise for 15 days total and think we should stay later in the evening.  Our room was nice and clean and our steward was one of the best.  We stayed on E103 deck 8.  I will never stay in the upper forward of the ship again.   It was so noisy, considering we had rough seas for a few days on the starting of the trip.  It was so loud, had to get up and buy ear plugs.

Cruise Photos

Need to stay longer at each port.
San Francisco, California
See the Golden gate bridge
Honolulu, Oahu
North Shore
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Helicopter ride, book on your own, the cruise line way expensive
Hilo, Hawaii
Seeing the waterfalls, we rented our own car $53.00 for the day pre-book
Lahaina, Maui
Road to Hana, we rented our own car. $53.00 for the day pre-book
Ensenada, Mexico
No choice, after 4 days at sea you want to get off, but if you don't, don't bother

Stay in the midship. Don't buy the drink cards, they are expensive. Also Excurisions are overly priced. I was able to find all my excursion on either or on my own. On Kauai, we booked a helicopter trip, they wanted 325.00 on the ship and we found it for 189.00 per person. I highly recomm