Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Shabby Ship

Sail Date: October 30, 2010

Room Type: Suite

This ship is in dire need of an overhaul. It's the shabbiest ship I've ever been on. Every trip to the spa/salon was guaranteed to be an excursion into incompetence!

Pros: Ports of Call

Cons: Condition of Ship/Food/Staff Attitudes

Recommends Splendour of the Seas? No.

The food was the worst I've ever had on a cruise ship... no matter whether from the dining room, the buffet or room service. And, there was inadequate seating in the buffet. We frequently had to search for a table.
The ship's staff on whole did not speak English well - which is much unlike other cruises I've been on. In general, the staff's attitude was a bit poor, I must say.
Ship was in poor shape and looked dingy.
Average stateroom.
Corfu, Greece
This port can be done on your own as well.
Santorini, Greece
This port can be done on your own and is awesome.
Don't Miss: meandering through the streets
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Don't take a tour. Do this port on your own and take the cable car to the top for the view of Old Town.
Don't Miss: cable car to the top for the view of Old Town
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
You must take a tour to get this done. I recommend Best of Ephasus. It is awesome!
Don't Miss: Best of Ephasus shore excursion.