Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Fantastic Cruise!

Sail Date: May 15, 2010

Overall I enjoyed my experience with Royal Carribean. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was nice and clean, and the food was fantastic! Definitely American customer service that you wont find with other European cruise lines. The days at sea were kind of dull due to lack of activites planned. The evenings were alot better since dinner and shows begin and the casino opens up.

Pros: I absolutely loved my little stateroom.

Cons: The activities on board the ship were not very exciting.

Recommends Splendour of the Seas? Yes!

The Splendour of the Seas is the smallest of all of the Royal ships. If you are looking to spend more time on the ship than in the ports, Try one of the larger ships. We spent the majority of our time on excursions and in the ports so the ship was adequate for us.
The staff for the most part was great. They try had to be helpful and pleasant. It is definitely the customer service Americans are used to. I have lived in Europe for 4 years and didnt was to cruise on a European cruise line because of the awful customer service. If your military stationed overseas and want a break for the norm, definitely pick Royal Carribean!
A side note: DO NOT BUY ALCOHOL FROM THE DUTY FREE AREA EVEN IF THEY SAY YOU CAN BRING IT ON BOARD, THAT IS NOT TRUE AND THEY WILL TAKE IT FROM YOU AND WONT RETURN IT UNTIL AFTER YOUR CRUISE.
The activities were a little weak for the days at sea. Unfortunately we had a lot of rain druing our cruise, particularly in Corfu. We opted to stay on the boat until the rain cleared and couldnt find much to do. They dont have any alternate plans for rainy days.
The food was fantastic! The main dining room has great three course meals. We had the second seating and it worked out perfect since we were going on excursions and wanted time to shower and get ready for the show and then dinner. If you dont want to dine there every night the Windjammer is open almost every day and has a variety of great food too!
We had the basic stateroom. When we arrived I was so surprised how nice and clean it was, I wasnt expecting much just paying for the basics so I was pleasently surprised when we arrived. The room is small and has all the basics. Again, we didnt spend much time in the room so it worked out great. If you want something larger I would upgrade.
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Turkey was okay, The historical highlights was a nice tour, very informative. If you are planning on eating on the economy please ensure you ask how much before you sit down, do not accept "good price" as a response as they will rip you off. The food is great but get recommendations from the ship or staff prior to your arrival in Kusadasi.
Corfu, Greece
Santorini, Greece

Don't Miss: I enjoyed the volcanic tour and hot springs excursion.