Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Old ship - Bad food

Sail Date: August 29, 2009

Room Type: Suite

Where to begin........Bingo was canceled twice due to lack of participation. The slot tournament and black jack tournaments were canceled due to lack of participation. They do not have an adults only pool, so trying to relax at the pool was difficult at best. Don't even get me started about the food....horrible!!!!!! I have never been on a ship this small or this old, so I was shocked at the lack of stores, restaurants, bars, etc. The ports of call were wonderful - so that offset the fact that the ship was a total disappointment. We had a junior suite and it was much smaller than the last suite I was in. Overall, we hated this ship!

Pros: Staff

Cons: Food

Recommends Splendour of the Seas? No.

Santorini, Greece
We road the donkeys down the hill. Only 5 euros, and although it was uncomfortable, it is surely is a memory I will always cherish.
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
The shop owners are very aggressive. As long as you don't get intimidated easily, you should be okay to go shopping in their bazaars. Don't let them serve you tea, snacks or give you gifts or you'll be stuck in their store forever!
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Corfu, Greece
You MUST go to "Old Corfu"!!!!