Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Great 1st cruise (and honeymoon!)

Sail Date: October 13, 2007

As this was our honeymoon, we wanted to do something new and exciting. Hence, the Mediterranean Cruise. It was excellent. We loved the ports of call, which included Dubrovnik, Croatia, Kusadasi, Turkey, Santorini, Greece, and Corfu, Greece. I loved all the ports. We took one shore excursion in Turkey, which I would recommend, because if you don't take an excursion, the city in which you walk is not that interesting. I would have liked to see more of the countryside in Corfu. There are lots of people at the ports, but it is easy to explore on your own and get a taste of the local culture. This was the perfect experience for a honeymoon. There were about 20 other honeymoon couples on the ship, as well as a couple celebrating their 53rd anniversary! And, there was EVERYTHING in between. So, it was a great mix of people. The shows were just excellent and dinner in the formal dining room was the highlight of every day! We had a blast at the casino as well. I guess my truly favorite part of the cruise was the balcony in our state room. We slept with it open every night, and the wind and sound of the ocean was simply amazing.

Pros: The staff is excellent, the food is good, and the ship is beautiful.

Cons: The food in the Windjammer could have been better.

Recommends Splendour of the Seas? Yes!

The King and I dining room was excellent. The Windjammer food was good, but I wish there was more finger sandwiches, burgers, fries, quick things like that.
Gotta go with a balcony!!!!
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Corfu, Greece
Would like to have seen more of the countryside, but definitely the most modern port. The old city is full of tourist shopping, and once you get in to the new city, it's very interesting.
Corfu, Greece
Santorini, Greece
Just gorgeous. Make sure to have a local gyro. Delicious!
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Best to take a shore excursion and get out of the city. The countryside was beautiful.
Don't Miss: House of the Virgin Mary
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Don't Miss: House of the Virgin Mary
Santorini, Greece
Just gorgeous. Make sure to have a local gyro. Delicious!
Dubrovnik, Croatia