A great vacation!

Sovereign of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 03, 2006
Ship: Sovereign of the Seas
This was a mother/daughter trip for us, and it was a great way for us to travel together and both feel like we were getting a vacation. We both loved the activities that were offered, the time to relax, with things that we both enjoyed. I haven't been on a cruise in 20 years, so for me, it was like a new ship. I could tell that some of the decorating elements were a bit dated, but it didn't distract from the fun or our enjoyment. The staff was superb, and made us feel very pampered. It was absolutely one of the best spring break vacations we have ever had.

I would definitely recommend the sit-down dining over the buffet at the Windjammer. The food was much better in the dining room.

My 14 year old daughter is shy and had a difficult time making friends. Some of the activities the ship put together for her age group were inappropriate, more for older teens, and made her feel uncomfortable. I think there could have been a bit more "help" from the staff to encourage more interaction. Before the cruise, I had also requested specifically to be seated with families with children her age, and we were seated with an elderly couple. They were very nice, and we enjoyed our time together, but it was not what I had anticipated and was disappointed, since there were supposedly hundreds of teenagers on the ship.

The stateroom was roomy with a lot of storage areas to put all our stuff. The cabin steward was excellent and always provided us with a clean place to live. The decor was a bit dated, however, and I could tell that it was definitely an older ship.
My only regret was not booking an excursion on this island. Going it alone I think we missed a lot that we could have done.
This was the highlight of our cruise! I'm so glad we rented the snorkeling equipment - a definite must!
Don't Miss: The snorkeling!

Pros: The private island

Cons: The pizza place