Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Great cruise!

Sail Date: September 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

My choice of Regent Seven Seas Mariner was the right one\, with all-inclusive pricing\, good excursions\, and great restaurants!

Pros: Room size\, butler\, smaller ship

Cons: Rooms need some refurbishment\, e.g. carpet!

Recommends Seven Seas Mariner? Yes!

The staff was great - loved our butler and steward. The executive concierge\, Connie\, helped us retrieve my husband's toiletry kit from the pre-cruise hotel where it was inadvertently left. The on-site doctor was invaluable to replace medications left in the kit\, until it was retrieved. only one funny thing - one day upon returning from the excursions\, the entire staff was outside clapping for everyone\, with music playing. Then\, at dinner that night\, they were all grumpy. It was just weird!
The entertainment wasn't the best. everything began quite late\, and while younger than a lot of the guests\, I found that time to be too late. I expected some \"name\" entertainment\, which I thought was lacking. The excursions were well organized.
The size was ideal\, the restaurants were excellent\, as was the staff. We had a Penthouse suite\, which was a perfect size.The common space was very clean\, but the rooms need a bit of help with the carpet and furniture. The bed was wonderful and the walk-in closet was amazing.
Restaurants were overall excellent; options for vegetarians however were lacking. Also\, food labeling on a buffet is important when dietary restrictions/preferences are a factor. Upon asking\, I was told a specific salad did not have any meat. After placing some on my plate and returning to my table\, I noticed there were little \"feet\" in the salad\, which turned out to be some type of seafood. I was literally nauseous and couldn't finish my dinner. I did not report this\, nor mention it to anyone other than my husband. For me\, a serious lifelong vegetarian\, this was not pleasant. Labeling would avoid this!
LOVED the Penthouse suite size\, closet\, shower\, bed(great!)\, balcony. The carpet was visibly stained\, so really needs some help! the sofa was a bit tattered and appeared to be soiled. Loved the 2 electrical outlets for U.S. needs. Having a laundry facility on the floor was great.