Very good, very poor

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Masters & Legends (Monte Carlo To Athens)
Sail Date: October 04, 2016
Ship: Seven Seas Explorer

Ship is beautiful, rooms just as described, beds great, tours were very good. Food was hit and miss but not really what I hoped for, had as good or better at other resorts for a fraction of the price. Some parts of the meals seemed prepared way ahead of time and looked and tasted like it. Service in the speciality restaurants was iffy, especially the French and Asian, there it was bad to pushy and a number of guest had the same impression. The Compass Rose had by far the best servers and some of the best meals, the open seating Italian was the worst especially service and food fair. The food\service was a big disappointment and for the price of these cruises it was not a good value.

Wi-Fi was basically useless and everyone had the same complaint. Checked with their business center and they basically told me it was my new tablet, and I should only use Apple products although they did not work either. I needed to check back for business and this was a ral problem, went 2 days before I got connected and then it would disconnect me. Spent hours during the course of the cruise trying to connect which I would have preferred to have been enjoying my cruise. Tried to check the TV for news especially on the hurricane in the SE US but same basic problem, only connected occasionally and then it would go away. Didn't matter where we were at port or at sea, same problems and same complaints from every guest I spoke to.

It's hard to say if I would try Regents again, just did not seem to have their act together in many fields vs. the cost and other options.

Just as pictured and was one of the highlights of the cruise, very very nice.