Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Just a Cruise

Sail Date: January 31, 2015

This is my second time cruising my first with Carnival - I was hoping this cruise would be better than my first and it wasn't at all.  Everything was about money.  We had not planned to pay $367.00 extra for the two of us for service and servers.  What was the $1600.00 for that when we paid for the cruise?  The deck entertainment was lousy.  Hardly no one attended, the floor was always wet and slippery.  The Super Bowl Game was the worst setup I have ever seen.  What happen to the commercials?  What's Super Bowl without the commercials?  The Casino had a Super Bpwl Pool - selling blocks for $20.00 a block.  They gave you a ticket that stated Stadium Buffett and a "Speciality Drink" of your choice. When it was time to get a drink the bar in the casino had a flyer on the bar that offer a drink called  "Touchdown" which contained 3 different rums, vodka, tropical juice and 3 or 4 other ingredients in it.  I showed the bartender the ticket and said there must be a mix-up because the ticket said a choice of Speciality Drink - Who's choice?  I asked the bartender for a Apple Martini and she said she had been serving the Touchdown drink all afternoon and this was the speciality drink for the day.  I ask to speak to the bar manager and a guy came over and I showed him th ticket and he agreed with me and the wording could have been better and he told the bartender to give me the Apple Martini.  She was very rude and refused to give me the drink.  She called someone over wo had a Black and white referee shirt on and he sided with the bartender when the manager old her to give me the Martini.  Two other ladies heard the conversation and agreed that the wording was wrong on the ticket and they also didn't want that drink called Touchdown - who wants to get sick with that crap? The guy with the referee shirt told her (bartender) too give the ladies what ever speciality drink we wanted and he would pay for it himself.  We had already paid for he drink - it was included in our $20.00 ticket. Some of the dishes in the Wind-Jammer was a mystery, such as Beef Kofi?? I asked what was in it and I was told Beef and lamb.  We don't eat lamb!  We thought they were meatball - atleast they looked like meatballs.  This cruise was supposed to be special for us.  There was 6 in our group and everyone was not having a good time. Between the six of us we paid over $2000.00 extra that non of us had intended to pay.  Falmouth Jamaica was not a nice port - we didn't feel like we were in Jamaica - other in the group had bee to Jamaica and was very disappointed with that port.  The slots were tight as wax - no returns - lost lots of money.  Bingo was the pits - they sold cards for $22,00 - $32,00 and $52,00 for the machine - machine was not charged up the first day so we were sitting there with machines that were not charged.  They credited our account and we had to get the regular cards - they only played 4 games and the money didn't add up to what they paid out. Royal Caribbean you let us down..

Onky in the Reflections Restaurant - Server and Asst we great - Garcia and Ashidev were our servers
Nothing that African Americans like to do
Nothing that Africam Americans like to do
New Orleans, Louisiana
Falmouth, Jamaica
Just a little shopping spot - you didn;t feel like you were in Jamacia
George Town, Grand Cayman