Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Better cruises elsewhere!

Sail Date: November 22, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first time on Royal Caribbean.  We've cruised many times before but this was by far our least favorite one. Embarkment was the worst process ever.  We waited 3 hours in 5 different lines to get on the ship. This cruise is targeted at an older crowd. Kids program was only mediocre. The food was not that good.  They served the exact same thing at breakfast everyday. A lot of it seemed like frozen fast food.  Hamburgers were like McD's patties but worst.  Desserts were terrible.  Shout out to Michael and Joy at table 475 in the dining room.  They were awesome and took care of us.  Ship dancers/singers weren't that great.  I enjoyed them the least of all the entertainment on the ship.  The photos taken by the ship staff seemed amateurish.  We bought the unlimited package for a fixed pricing thinking we would get some good ones out of the bunch.  I found only 1 I really liked out of 140 pictures.  Rock wall seemed closed most of the time due to high winds or shortened schedule.  When they were open, there were long lines since there was only one person monitoring it.  If I had to decide if I wanted to be back on RCL based on this trip, I definitely would not come back.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Falmouth, Jamaica
Blue Hole and tubing was great.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Stingray city was awesome.
Playa Mia beach is great for beach fun.

Fixed dining time worked great for us since we had kids and didnt want to wait.