Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time cruising with the entire family

Sail Date: April 12, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I am not a big cruising person, but since my husband and parents had never cruised before, we decided to make a family trip out of it.  We have young kids, so a kid area/pool was essential. Since we were taking the grandparents, I didn't want them to be overwhelmed with kids or other passengers on one of the newer, massive ships.  Consequently, I chose Serenade of the Seas-- as a good mix.

I was very disappointed in the Kid Aventure Park/swimming area.  It had one little water slide that barely even worked-- not enough water pressure for my 40 lb. child to make it down without pushing herself. The kiddie pool itself was also very small, and there were hardly any chairs surrounding it for parents to sit.

I was also disappointed by the food in the main dining area.  I'm sure I expected too much (because we live in Las Vegas and frequent some of the finest restaurants in the world), but I wasn't impressed with any of the entree's in the main dining room.  While some of the appetizers were fantastic, the same cannot be said for the main courses or desserts.

Aside from the friendly and accomodating staff, the staterooms were the next best thing about Serenade of the Seas.  For staterooms, they utilized the limited space well, and the beds were very comfortable.