Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

This is the way to cruise

Sail Date: May 02, 2011

This was our first trip on Seaborne and it lived up to the expectations that I had set. Since it costs more than your average cruise, I was curious about the value I felt we received and it met expectations. The little things like always providing bottled water when you leave the ship, restocking soft drinks in the cabin fridge, etc. set this cruise apart from others.

Pros: That no one said "no" to any request I had for an entire week!

Cons: Formal dressup night

Recommends Seabourn Odyssey? Yes!

One of the drawbacks to the smaller ship is less things to do.
The food was spectacular...maybe too spectacular. I would have liked a Greek or Turkish inspired fine dining experience given that we sailed from Greece to Turkey.
A delight to have room that was large enough to entertain guest even without a balcony.
Truly enjoyed the staff and sharing their personal stories and native countries.
The only concern I had was that there wasn't as much to do on the ship as the larger ships, but that was a good tradeoff with polite and quiet guests and staff.
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Ephesus tour was spectacular. The evening reception and concert were icing on this very special cake.
Don't Miss: Ephesus
Rhodes, Greece
Not nearly enough time ashore to see this expansive island. We hired a taxi driver for the day and we crammed in everything we could.
Mylos (Milos), Greece
First island we visited. We were underwhelmed.
Don't Miss: I would skip this port altogether.
Patmos, Greece
The monastery was the destination and it was a nice brisk walk.
Don't Miss: The monastery
Dikili, Turkey
Not enough time to see much on this island.
Mykonos, Greece
This was supposed to be our "beach day" but temps in the 50s and a brisk breeze changed our plans.