Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Service has gone down

Sail Date: March 03, 2013

I have travelled on this ship at least 3 times with the same location in the past. I really was extremely found of it. So fond of it I convince my friends to go on the cruise. They were not keen on cruising but I thought once they came on this cruise it would change their mind. I felt confident about it because I have travelled on it already. The service indeed on the ship changed and not for the better. I had any time reservations in dining and felt I was being rushed to eat and get out as quickly as possible. My friends also commented and ask if that was normal. I said no but was embarrassed. The service at the bars during the day I was not met with a smile as I was once use to. The bartenders just seemed unhappy. I will say the wait staff that ran around while you were around the pool area where much better. Not everyone was bad but the mood on the ship was not the same I was use to. When I was in the skywalker lounge the DJ was good for about one hour and everyone was dancing. Then the music would put you to sleep. It just seemed like the staff in there as well just wanted the night to be over.
Then it got worse. The last night I got really sick at 1am. Thought I had food poison but was not sure. I toughed it out but was not easy. In the morning I called one of my friends and she said her boyfriend was just as sick. I called my other friend and his girlfriend was sick. I then called my father also to see how he was doing but his girlfriend was sick. My father and his girlfriend end up going to the desk in the lobby to ask what they should do. They were brought into a room with other sick people. They were told they would get them off the ship quickly. One of my friends called from the room to the desk and was told to stay in room. We decided to get the heck off the ship but while waiting online for customs I could see many more sick people like us.
My girlfriend wrote a letter to Princess regarding our sickness. Seems they don’t care that 6 people lost money to change flights to get home or elsewhere. They don’t hold themselves accountable for our sickness. They basically just said it happens people get sick.
I just became a platinum member on princess but that means nothing as I will not travel with them again and my friends have decided cruising not for them. I guess companies forget the internet with letters in the mail they send.
Anytime dining is a rush

Chose a newer and different cruise line.