Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean

Great cruise - AWFUL experience with !

Sail Date: December 20, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We are a family of 4 with 2 little kids (3 and 7) and spent a LOT of money to go on the Winter Break cruise on Princess.  We were super excited - kids and adults both. We had no idea what was waiting for us once we opened our cabin door....

Instead of a nice king size bed for my husband and I (as we were promised) and a pull out couch and a bunk for our kids, we had 2 twin beds (pretty far apart from each other) and 2 bunk beds for kids.  We found out that we cannot put the twin beds together with the bunk beds open (the way the room was laid out) and we cannot put our 3 year old on a bunk bed (duh!!!) for safety reasons (as if I would have done that).  So for 10 nights on our "dream" vacation, we all slept in 4 separate beds and my husband - on the bunk one!  How non-romantic and not comfortable!

But here is why I am really complaining about this.... I was not sure how the bedding arrangements might work, so for that reason, instead of booking on the website, I called the live travel agent so that she can explain and select the right room for us. She did.... supposedly.  Except for, she did not!!!!  The cruiseship was booked (Christmas week after all) and so no other cabins were available.  I called , and all I got from them was an apology.  It was nice they apologized, but it did not make our highly paid dream vacation any better!  For working parents of young kids, this vacation was a rare opportunity to reconnect and remember that in addition to being parents - we are a couple.  They took our money and took our opportunity away.  I have booked with 4 cruises, but this will be my last one!  It's better to pay an extra hundred dollars but have a knowledgeable person helping you book your vacation and know what you are signing up for.

Aside for this big snafoo, the rest of our cruise was wonderful and we liked Princess.

Do NOT take this cabin if you have small kids!