Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Not Tops On My List.....

Sail Date: April 18, 2015

My husband and I just completed a seven night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Royal Princess. The ship was beautiful, and the staff was attentive, but those are the only positive comments I can make. The food was above average, but definitely not a 10. We have previously cruised with four different cruise lines, and our balcony cabin was the smallest I've had in all my years of cruising, which was disappointing. The casino was extremely small and cramped.... "Ten pounds of stuff in a five pound bag". The entertainment was modest at best. The most disappointing feature, however, was the layout of the ship. We did read reviews prior to booking and several other passengers had the same remark, but we thought "how bad could it be!" Well, they were absolutely correct. We spent way too much time and too many wasted steps backtracking to get to various areas of the ship that were not accessible from one deck to another....up an elevator, down a hall to a flight of stairs, down another elevator, down another flight of stairs....ugghh! Very inconvenient. If I cruise with Princess again, it will not be on The Royal.

Write a comment.
Any great crew members you want to recognize? Give them a shout out here!
Children's Programs NA
Destinations and Excursions NA
Far too small...constantly moving chairs just to get around. Could not pass another person at the foot of the bed.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Add a tip. What was your favorite thing to do here?
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
Add a tip. What was your favorite thing to do here?
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Too many jewelry stores, not enough local shops
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Too many jewelry stores, not enough local shops.

Be prepared to do alot of walking to get from one point to another.