Dream cruising!

Riviera Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Sail Date: October 23, 2012
Ship: Riviera
This was my second Oceania cruise ... and I was not disappointed. Being part of the Inaugural cruise year for the Riviera, everything was fresh and new on board. Staff consistently positive and attentive. Cruising later in the year (Oct-Nov) presented weather challenges in the Med and Adriatic seas. Decisions were made correctly by the Captain not to dock or tender because of rough waters, and the ship staff rallied immediately with worthwhile alternative choices. Enjoying the first ship to offer cooking at sea classes was totally fun and informative (and delicious)! Evening theater events that I did attend were entertaining. Alternative dining was wonderful, and each venue offered delicious fare. I won't hesitate to cruise with them again in the future when interesting itineraries and my schedule meet!

So many choices and too few days but I maximized the time well and specialty dining experiences were deliciously offered and enjoyed.

There was something available to do every moment\, if I choose to do it ... or nothing! High tea was lovely ... the library filled with the latest books and the game room offered choices to enjoy. Daily activities abound!

Always thoughtful and smiles and finding and filling requests ... I like hot chocolate in the morning with whipped cream ... one morning it was delivered with home made cream so thick my spoon stood up in it!

Brand new ship offered large cabins and decks for ample enjoyment throughout!

Perfect size. Bathroom had a tub/shower AND offered a single shower as well ... !

Pros: Beautiful medium size 5* new ship; excellent food and service; no lines;

Cons: 10 days was too short!

Recommends Riviera? Yes!