Riviera Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Dream cruising!

Sail Date: October 23, 2012

This was my second Oceania cruise ... and I was not disappointed. Being part of the Inaugural cruise year for the Riviera, everything was fresh and new on board. Staff consistently positive and attentive. Cruising later in the year (Oct-Nov) presented weather challenges in the Med and Adriatic seas. Decisions were made correctly by the Captain not to dock or tender because of rough waters, and the ship staff rallied immediately with worthwhile alternative choices. Enjoying the first ship to offer cooking at sea classes was totally fun and informative (and delicious)! Evening theater events that I did attend were entertaining. Alternative dining was wonderful, and each venue offered delicious fare. I won't hesitate to cruise with them again in the future when interesting itineraries and my schedule meet!

Pros: Beautiful medium size 5* new ship; excellent food and service; no lines;

Cons: 10 days was too short!

Recommends Riviera? Yes!

There was something available to do every moment\, if I choose to do it ... or nothing! High tea was lovely ... the library filled with the latest books and the game room offered choices to enjoy. Daily activities abound!
Always thoughtful and smiles and finding and filling requests ... I like hot chocolate in the morning with whipped cream ... one morning it was delivered with home made cream so thick my spoon stood up in it!
Perfect size. Bathroom had a tub/shower AND offered a single shower as well ... !
So many choices and too few days but I maximized the time well and specialty dining experiences were deliciously offered and enjoyed.
Brand new ship offered large cabins and decks for ample enjoyment throughout!