Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I just have one word to say,

Sail Date: April 01, 2007

Our sail on the Rhapsody of the Seas was our first cruise and will definitely not be our last. We booked this cruise to the Western Caribbean one week prior to it sailing and did regret our last minute decision to vacation on one of Royal Caribbean's ships. They did not leave any detail undone. The service was remarkable and most of all their staff was humble. I must say that I vacation at least three to four times a year for the last 15 years and have lodged at four and five star hotels, yet they do not compare to the service and courtesy we received on the ship. If there was something we desired that was not readily available, then a cruise staff person went above and beyond the call of duty in an attempt to get it for you. The wait staff literally waited on us "hand and foot". In addition, the shows on the ship can be compared to those on broadway. There is absolutely so much attention paid to entertaining guests and those involved really seemed to enjoy what they were doing whcih only enhanced your experience. In essence, we had a spectacular time aboard the ship and will definitely cruise again with Royal Caribbean.

Pros: It is a tie between the service and decor

Cons: There was nothing really a con, but if anything, I would have to say the stateroom size

Recommends Rhapsody of the Seas? Yes!

The stateroom although small was perfect. I must say that intitially I did nto think that I would be content sleeping seven nights in my room, however I quickly found out that it is sometimes true that good things come in small pacakages and our stateroom was a prime example of that.
The ship size was perfect because it was not too big and not too small. It's decor was magnificent with such detail as the door handles carved into the shape of a ship and tranquilizing water features.
The food although plentiful was superb. The ambiance both in the main dining room and the windjammer cafe was terrfic. There were fruits carved, staff continuously there to serve you and a violinist playing softly to relax you.
The staff surpassed our expectations of service. They were humble and ready at any time including off the ship to be of service to you. And the fact that they were from 60 nations was a plus. We really enjoyed taking the time to help educate ourselves by listening to the interesting stories and learning things about other cultures other than our own.
Their shows can be compared to broadway. I must say there are two words to describe them " breathe taking".
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went on the Underwater Observatory excursion and had a good time, but it could have been better. The staff was very pleasant and treated us great, however the underwater observations were nothing exciting.
Don't Miss: the shopping
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We went on the Ocho Rios island tour which included the ruins, Dunn River Falls and the Reggae Explosion Museum. The falls are definitely a must see item.
Don't Miss: Dunn River Falls
We went on the tour of the island which stopped at "El Cedral" and the tequila factory and then stopped downtown for shopping. It was a very informative tour and we definitely enjoyed our tour especially our great guide "David"