Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Would be great if I was over 60 years old

Sail Date: November 08, 2015

We took a family trip for my great aunts birthday. Everyone has been on a cruise except for me. Unfortunately they set my expectations too high. Princess is designed for older people (which I didn't know at the time). The food wasn't bad and they had many options. A big negative is that everything on the boat closes early. After 11pm the ship is like a ghost town. During the day the decks are overly crowded and not enjoyable at all. As far as entertainment there isn't any. As one other reviewer mentioned to see a show you have to go really early because there was only one event going on at a time. So because of that everyone crowds the one event that is going on. As far as service I have no complaints as the staff was very attentive and nice. Due to the lack of entertainment and the age of the customer base I wouldn't go on another Princess cruise. Even my 83 year old aunt said that she was bored.

Cruise Photos

I'm glad I didn't take my son because he would've been bored out of his mind!
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Get there early if you're driving. It can be overly congested.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Get out early and take a tour. There's many interesting spots on the island.

If you don't consider yourself a senior citizen; choose another cruise line. Older customers may be satisfied though.