Would be great if I was over 60 years old

Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 08, 2015
Ship: Regal Princess

We took a family trip for my great aunts birthday. Everyone has been on a cruise except for me. Unfortunately they set my expectations too high. Princess is designed for older people (which I didn't know at the time). The food wasn't bad and they had many options. A big negative is that everything on the boat closes early. After 11pm the ship is like a ghost town. During the day the decks are overly crowded and not enjoyable at all. As far as entertainment there isn't any. As one other reviewer mentioned to see a show you have to go really early because there was only one event going on at a time. So because of that everyone crowds the one event that is going on. As far as service I have no complaints as the staff was very attentive and nice. Due to the lack of entertainment and the age of the customer base I wouldn't go on another Princess cruise. Even my 83 year old aunt said that she was bored.

I'm glad I didn't take my son because he would've been bored out of his mind!

If you don't consider yourself a senior citizen; choose another cruise line. Older customers may be satisfied though.

Get there early if you're driving. It can be overly congested.
Get out early and take a tour. There's many interesting spots on the island.