First Time Cruisers

Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 01, 2015
Ship: Regal Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: M233

This was the first cruise for my wife and myself. The cruise was fabulous. The Regal Princess was gorgeous and its staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. We had no complaints. Most of the ship's stage entertainment was great and professionally done.  One or two of the shows were good but not great. St. Thomas and St. Maarteen were enjoyable ports of call. The Princess Cays (ship line private Bahamian island) was a nice beach for relaxing but not more to do except for the barbeque. The food was unbelievable and abundant aboard the ship. For most people, there is no need to eat at the speciality restaurants. The dinner meals in the assigned dining rooms (we dined in the Allegro) were very delicious with a wide variety of appetizers, soups and salads, entrees and deserts. The dining room staff was very, very cordial and aided in explaining items unfamilar to the diners.

Plenty to eat and very delicious. Wide variety to select from. Came home 5 pounds heavier.

Starlight movies and watershow were good. Did not participate in many after mid-week due to a foot injury.

Most evening stage shows were great and profesionally produced and performed. One or two them were just okay. The comedy magician, Scott Alexander, was very excellent and funny

Our dining room waitress (Eleana) in the Allegro was probably one of the most bubbly and cheerful waitresses I ever met. She was helpful in expaining items not familar to us. Our stateroom steward (Ritchie on Marina deck) was unbelievable. Our stateroom was constantly cleaned and spotless. During the cruise I injured my right foot and required a wheel chair for the remainder of the cruise. He was always there assisting my wife in getting me in/out of the stateroom and wheeling down me the hallway. He was always there for any little thing that we needed.

Gorgeous with much marble, granite and other charming features. The ship is less than a year old and the staff keeps it spotless.

Plenty of room. Sitting on the balcony on this 15th deck while the ship was moving was relaxing.

The water trip by tenders to Princess Cays was very choppy but the trip was short.
There is only one set of elevators that leads to the Allegro dining room. Otherwise, you must walk down/up one flight of stairs from other decks. (Note for passengers in wheel chairs or scooters)

Basically a beach for relaxing
Scenic
Beautiful with newer buildings and a nice dock