Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First Time Cruisers

Sail Date: February 01, 2015

Room Type: Suite

This was the first cruise for my wife and myself. The cruise was fabulous. The Regal Princess was gorgeous and its staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. We had no complaints. Most of the ship's stage entertainment was great and professionally done.  One or two of the shows were good but not great. St. Thomas and St. Maarteen were enjoyable ports of call. The Princess Cays (ship line private Bahamian island) was a nice beach for relaxing but not more to do except for the barbeque. The food was unbelievable and abundant aboard the ship. For most people, there is no need to eat at the speciality restaurants. The dinner meals in the assigned dining rooms (we dined in the Allegro) were very delicious with a wide variety of appetizers, soups and salads, entrees and deserts. The dining room staff was very, very cordial and aided in explaining items unfamilar to the diners.

Gorgeous with much marble, granite and other charming features. The ship is less than a year old and the staff keeps it spotless.
Plenty to eat and very delicious. Wide variety to select from. Came home 5 pounds heavier.
Our dining room waitress (Eleana) in the Allegro was probably one of the most bubbly and cheerful waitresses I ever met. She was helpful in expaining items not familar to us. Our stateroom steward (Ritchie on Marina deck) was unbelievable. Our stateroom was constantly cleaned and spotless. During the cruise I injured my right foot and required a wheel chair for the remainder of the cruise. He was always there assisting my wife in getting me in/out of the stateroom and wheeling down me the hallway. He was always there for any little thing that we needed.
Most evening stage shows were great and profesionally produced and performed. One or two them were just okay. The comedy magician, Scott Alexander, was very excellent and funny
Starlight movies and watershow were good. Did not participate in many after mid-week due to a foot injury.
St Thomas and St Maarteen were beautiful islands with much shopping. Due to an injury, I could not take the excursions that I booked for these two islands. But my wife took them and said that they were educational, great scenery and interesting.
Plenty of room. Sitting on the balcony on this 15th deck while the ship was moving was relaxing.
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
Basically a beach for relaxing
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Beautiful with newer buildings and a nice dock

The water trip by tenders to Princess Cays was very choppy but the trip was short.
There is only one set of elevators that leads to the Allegro dining room. Otherwise, you must walk down/up one flight of stairs from other decks. (Note for passengers in wheel chairs or scooters)