Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Third Mate

worst cruise ever

Sail Date: September 09, 2016

this was a disaster from 1 one to day 11...started with check in..first we were led around in circles in terminal, sitting from one place to another..get to the check in desk and was girls first day..had to check every question with someone who knew what they were doing..took over 20  min......get to our room...ordered unobstructed balcony and sofa bed for our 25 yr old grandson..the view was obstructed and the sofabed was oversized chair, which when opened went directly into dresser, which meant when my husband (age 70) or myself had to go to the bathroom at night, we had to become long jumpers....which didn't work....or step on my grandson...went to complain at front desk and spoke with carlos who had nothing to say..just sorry and to call my travel agent...what good is that? went to dinner where girl paraded us around dining room because she couldn't find our table and finally said, o just sit here.....this is the first day...asked for table to be moved and service after that was excellent...regarding the pool....could never find anywhere to sit..and after spending thousands of dollars on this cruise, I had to take a towel and LAY ON THE DECK FLOOR ..finally met roddericks, pool attendant, who was diligent in timing empty chairs..found me a chair and 5 minutes later they started painting frame around solarium windows..i realize they have to do maintenance, but did they have to do it on a sea day?with oil based paint which had a strong odor which made it impossible to sit there...went to see carlos again...again got "sorry"....balcony was rusting and paint chips falling off pipes above...so back to the bed...lowered the bed over our head, which made soooo much noise we were afraid.it would fall on our head....i turned in  a comment card, and received a phone message to talk about it..when I went to the desk, again, I asked if I could speak to the person, they said I needed an appointment, ok, good...was going on a tour so said I would make appt. when we got back. went to desk, now they have no record of anyone calling me, but I could go to crown and anchor on 12 and she would help me, went up there and she had no clue...was frustrating and not the relaxing vacation I expected...even little things, like asking for wake up call and never getting it..so much more....the last day we got a message to see customs no later than 6 a.m.many people down there. customs never showed til abit after 7..MANY people complaining about ship, not just me..and their final comment was, hope you have a better time next time..REALLY? this is the ROYAL TREATMENT?

bad cabin, not what I expected, obstructed view, bad sofabed and configurement

met first time cruisers who were so underwhelmed, didn't see why cruising is so good...told them to try a bigger and nicer ship..then they will be overwhelmed! and check your cabin if you get a balcony to make sure its what you want