Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Hawaii

Nothing Hawaiian

Sail Date: September 12, 2014

I took this cruise thinking it would have some Hawaiian entertainment, music, food, etc. Nothing. There wasn't even any Hawaiian items in the onboard shops to purchase. When I asked why, they told me that they only go to Hawaii twice a year. This was my first and probably last trip to Hawaii.

The entertainment was the worst of any of the 7 cruises we have taken. The evening entertainment for one of the at sea days was a movie that was on HBO last year. Anything worth watching on TV was pay preview.

The food was mediocre at best.

The balcony cabin we had was the smallest of any cabin we've ever had, including the one interior. The balcony was covered in salt, which was never cleaned, and got all over our clothing. The balcony glass was never cleaned even after we asked. The balcony had an obstructed view. There was a roof in front of the balcony. We couldn't see the ocean except at a distance.

The Windjammer café was crowded most of the time. Typically, we made at least two round trips looking for a table.

The best part of the cruise was the dining room staff. They were efficient and friendly.

Really enjoyed seeing Hawaii. Very interesting.

I think the Radiance of the seas should be avoided. The cabins are small. There is not enough room in the Dining areas. Their seem to want to force people to use the many specialty restaurants. I was told they took out public seating in order to install more room in the specialty restaurants.

My first and probably last cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Rodlee, Jude and Glen in the dinig room were exceptional
Children's Programs No children with us

Don't expect much if you book a balcony. The suites may be better.