They can do better

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Alaska Hubbard Glacier Southbound (Seward To Vancouver)
Sail Date: August 01, 2014
Ship: Radiance of the Seas

On-board food, room cleanup, shows, etc. were great. Bus from Anchorage to Seward (where cruise ship left) was an experience to forget. Not the ride or the driver, but the arrangements.

When my travel agent made the arrangement, I was told they would only pick me up at the hotel downtown. Twice later I asked me travel agent to call back and check to see if they could pick me up at the airport – turned down both times. When I got downtown they did not have my name on the reservation list, so I had to pay a second time for the bus ride (reimbursed on-board after three days). When I got on the bus, it immediately went to the airport and picked up eight riders.

In discussing my experience onboard with other passengers, I was told that if you push Guest Services, they find a way to “get even” so the final result is “evened out”. I believe it.

Ability to reply to Royal Caribbean directly expired 7 days from end of cruise (not end of my trip). Not long enough, since I had a few days in Vancouver, British Columbia planned. I sent an email to the address given to “If you need assistance with this survey” and it bounced back as “User does not exist.” Guess you can’t get help either.