Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awesome cruise!

Sail Date: April 21, 2011

I have been on cruises with two other lines: Holland America and Carnival Cruise lines. Royal Caribbean is definitely better than Carnival, and is about on par with Holland America. The staff was very friendly, but not overly friendly and boisterous as on the Carnival Cruise lines. I went on this cruise with my girlfriend, and it was a perfect getaway for the two of us fmor our busy lives.

Pros: The excellent service, friendly staff, and delicious food!

Cons: The performances in the theater

Recommends Radiance of the Seas? Yes!

Lots to do on the ship! The indoor solarium was pretty awesome too, definitely a good complement to the outdoor pool.
We ate mostly at the buffet (which we loved), but the main dining room had excellent food as well. I loved the escargots in the formal dining room! The late night eats are SO delicious also, especially the Seaview Cafe.
Very friendly waiters and stateroom attendants! They were always ready to stop what they were doing and have a small conversation with you
We just got an interior stateroom, but even that was pretty good to us! The bed was really big and comfy, I'd say about queen sized. There was also a couch. It pretty much looked like how they advertised on the pictures on their website. Of course, the showers and bathroom were small, but thats what I expected getting an interior room. The size of the bathroom and shower was no different from the rooms on other cruise lines that I've been on.
LOTS to do on the ship! Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I both got sick towards the middle of the cruise, so we didn't get to enjoy all of the activities. But our favorite activity, BY FAR, was the Quest Adult Game Show. It was so much fun and we made some really nice friends. I definitely recommend trying this game out if you go on this ship
The Mayan Ruins are definitely a must see!!! They are very beautiful and are overlooking a cliff that faces out right onto the Caribbean below. AMAZING view! We took the Mayan ruins and beach break excursion, which took the whole day. We went to a private beach resort for lunch and swimming after seeing the ruins. Definitely an excellent excursion!
Don't Miss: Mayan ruins in Tulum, and beach