Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

Contributor Level: First Mate

Amazing Ship - but, robot bartender hit on my wife.

Sail Date: November 21, 2014

Just kidding. The robot bartender didn't hit on my wife... nor did he laugh at my jokes.

I had an amazing quick, 2-day teaser on the Quantum.  It was the first cold-weather cruise I'd ever been on, but the Quantum offered PLENTY to do indoors.

The focus on technology was obvious and appreciated.  Upon first boarding, we received a really cool watch to replace the normal room card. It had all the same functionality (buying stuff, opening doors) but felt a lot cooler.

The restaurants were outstanding and I'm sad I didn't get to try more. The sushi place had an amazing looking spread of fish, octopus, and other laid out, but I didn't have time to test it, unfortunately. I did try Chic and Silk - both were wonderful.  Get the "Thai Peanut Cheesecake!"

While on board, I did take advantage of the iFly Skydiving.  Total wait time was about an hour... totally worth it.

The robot bartending station was really amusing and didn't realize until I was drunk that I'd been watching these things for over an hour.

My cabin was on the 12th deck (12704) and was the nicest I've had. The balcony and shower were both surprisingly spacious. The bed was super comfortable.

Two70 is a really cool venue that I wished I'd had more time in. The show I attended was great.

One area I also wish I'd spent more time is the Solarium.  It's like a tropical oasis back there and the bartenders make amazing drinks.

Overall, I had no complaints at all. It was one of the best cruises I've ever been on, tying Oasis of the Seas as my favorite.  I'd 100% recommend this ship!

Cruise Photos

Brand new, so super clean. Very modern and attention to detail is noticed and appreciated.
Chic & Silk were both wonderful. Get the Thai Peanut Cheesecake!
Very spacious and comfortable.
It was the first month the Quantum was in service. The staff were still figuring things out, which is to be expected.
The robot bartender got me too drunk to remember the show, though.
iFly is totally worth the wait
We only did a "day at sea," which was great given all the amenities on the ship!
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
In the ghetto, but parked and was on the ship in 10 minutes.

Head to the Solarium - it's beautiful, quiet, and feels like a tropical oasis.
Also - sign up for iFly and other special amenities as soon as you get on the ship!