One of the BEST Vacations ever

Pride of Hawaii Cruise Review to Hawaii

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 24, 2007
Ship: Pride of Hawaii
My girlfriend Nic and I are in our 20s and 30s and we booked this vacation to experience Hawaii and adventure. I had two major concerns about this trip: #1 I was seasick the entire time on my last cruise and #2 the service from the crew. Our plan was to use the ship as a hotel and early breakfast and dinner. What we got was so much more. We have been on many vacations such as Cayman, Paris, Caribbean, etc. and this trip was one of the best ever. I almost cancelled this trip because of the negative reviews on this and other websites. Thank goodness I did not. I have a theory that either NCL has read these reviews and made massive changes or some people are always miserable and negative even in paradise. As for being seasick, it did not happen - I wore the patch behind my ear (you need a prescription) and the only side effect was dry mouth within the first few hours of wearing it. We ordered the Honeymoon package for $79 even though we were not married yet. We received 1 night free at Le Bistro and choice of wine, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries the first night, 5X7 photo, Champagne and Cake party on Thursday night with other quests.

The Easy Fly program for $20 each worked out well for us too. We did our laundry on the ship for $1 per load (bring quarters) on decks 5, 9 and 10. I only saw the comedy show and it was very funny. I heard the magic show and talent show were also good.

It was well worth the money. I wish I could have had all my friends and family experience this truly awesome vacation. My best advice is forget all the negative reviews you read on this site (those people are miserable) and you will have an amazing time with your friends or family. Aloha.
Day 5 Kona went Scuba Diving and Nic hung out by the beach. This was the tender port and it takes about 15 minutes total to get to the shore. The beach was right there. You could rent snorkel gear for a few dollars.
Don't Miss: shopping
Don't Miss: shopping
Day 2 in Hilo was Christmas and we did not have anything planned just to buy gifts, explore the ship, and relax by the pool.
Don't Miss: We heard the thing to do in Hilo was see the volcano (try Roberts Hawaii $22-30).
Day 3 Maui we learned to surf (try Outrageous Surfing)and Day 4 booked a bike tour on our own down a volcano which included a ride to the summit through Haleakala Bike Co. ($78.75 ) 888-575-9575.
Don't Miss: LaHaina and the Resort Area
Day 6 Kauai we did the Canopy Zipline (try Kauai Backcountry). There where 7 lines and these were the best on Hawaii (bring a camera). That night we did the Luau and Train - not my thing but Nic insisted. Day 7 we went on the mud buggies (try Kauai ATV) and had a blast. We were soaked, bring a poncho.
Don't Miss: zip line and ATV, you can also surf in front of the Mariott
Don't Miss: zip line and ATV, you can also surf in front of the Mariott
Don't Miss: LaHaina and the Resort Area

Pros: no day at sea, great excursions, friendly staff

Cons: that you had to pay for the specialty restuarants

Recommends Pride of Hawaii? Yes!