Good way to see islands

Pride of Hawaii Cruise Review to Hawaii

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 05, 2007
Ship: Pride of Hawaii
Ship was well appointed, plenty of public rooms, variety of good restaurants.

All restaurants were very good quality , specialty and regular dining .

Options appeared to be varied, but I was seldom on the ship as we were in port most days.

I did not have any children participating. But I can say I never saw any children on their own or infringing on any adult ativities. They appeared to have plenty of their own activites and were well supervised.

Some staff were friendly and did good job of attending to requests.. unfortunately they were overshadowed by indifferent individuals who did not smile or offer a greeting.

ship size was appropriate to number of passengers. Being new, all furnishings, etc. were in good conditon

overall good size for stateroom, my room needed housekeeping when I first arrived, and needed to request linen., something that was new for me.
Loved landing on dock of town. Enjoyed the port experience. Would have liked to be here longer
Hana Highway if you don't get carsick.
Visit to Kokee lodge and canyon. Enjoyed the puka dog (hawaiian hot dog special)
Hana Highway if you don't get carsick.
volcanoes national park., ship going by lava flow at night. real treat
volcanoes national park., ship going by lava flow at night. real treat

Pros: various islands, freestyle cruising

Cons: crew not as congenial as other cruise experience

Recommends Pride of Hawaii? No.