Tailored toward an older crowd

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 10, 2016
Ship: Pride of America

My wife and I were on our honeymoon. We enjoyed our trip overall, especially the islands, since they were all unique from each other. We thought the cruise did a good job with it's itinerary of the stops, but wished there could have been a day at sea to enjoy the ship more. I thought highly of our room steward and felt he did a great job. The only drawback we had was that we felt like we were on a "retirement" cruise, as it seemed the majority of the passengers were much older. I also wish the small events/competitions such as ping pong tournaments, bean bag toss, trivia etc happened in the evening, too. We missed most of those because we were making the most out of the islands while at port.

This cruise seemed like it had more a la carte items not included with the ship fee compared to Carnival. Having been on Carnival 3 times, I feel like their specialty foods were more included in the ship fee. The Aloha Cafe always seemed hectic.

Wish more of the activities occurred in the evening, as we missed them being on the islands.

Spent much time in Mardi Gras. Wish there was more bingo and, of course, a casino, but I understand the local laws.

I thought all staff were great, especially the room stewards.

The steward did a wonderful job.

This cruise is most suited for the older retired age, not young adults.