Rude officials at Hawaii Port

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 05, 2015
Ship: Pride of America

The officials doing the screening at the port of Hilo treated us like we were unwanted. My first experience when getting off the ship was angry stares by the officials as we left the port. When we returned at the end of the day,  they yelled at me for not placing my sunglasses in a bin on the conveyor belt. I had put them into my hat instead which I placed on the belt. They justified their actions by saying I would have yelled at them later for breaking my glasses. There was no need to yell and be rude. They seem like they hate their jobs. All had bad attitudes. The cruise line needs to persuade the port management to train their workers. Their negative actions impact the experience of the passengers. This memory is still disturbing.