Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Fantastic cruise, but horrible NCL experience getting refund for credit

Sail Date: October 31, 2015

We had a wonderful time while cruising around the four large Hawaiian islands; however, dealing with NCL after the cruise ended was a nightmare. We had approximately $50 in refundable credit left in our account when the cruise ended.  We were told before we disembarked the cruise that the check for the credit would be sent to our home within two weeks.  When we hadn't gotten the check after two MONTHS, I called 1-866-625-1164 to inquire about the refund.  I was put on hold for 30 minutes while I waited to speak to someone.  I was told the check had been processed that day and it would be at my house the following week. The check did not arrive, so I waited for three more weeks, before calling again.  I was put on hold for 45 minutes before I was able to speak to anyone.  I was told the check would arrive in my mailbox within a week of my current phone call.  After waiting a total of three months since the end of our cruise, I called 1-866-625-9177 and waited on hold for 55 minutes before anyone answered my call.  I was told the check had been mailed to me, and I'd need to wait 30 more days.  If the check hasn't arrived within 30 days, I need to call again to NCL.  This is totally unacceptable public relations on the part of NCL.  They need to hire more customer service people to answer their phone calls immediately, and they need to be able to handle their credit refunds in a more efficient manner.  I won't book another cruise with NCL due to this problem.

The queen bed was comfortable. The patio was adequate. The bathroom was small, but it worked for us. There was space under the bed to store our luggage. The desk was small, but it was adequate.

The crew on board was great. The people in guest services were very helpful. We loved the Freestyle Dining, since we didn't need to take an extra suitcase with formal clothing, shoes, jewelry, etc. The entertainment staff was very talented and friendly.