Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Third Mate

A truly need-to take cruise!

Sail Date: September 26, 2015

Room Type: Suite

We have been on 20+ cruises on over 5 different cruise lines, so I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur. I have also been to Hawaii and lived there for a time, visiting most of the islands.  However, my daughter, who is now 8, has never been.  So this was her chance to get a taste of what Hawaii is all about.  The boat is slightly smaller so it can get into the smaller ports.  That means only one pool on board.  But this cruise is meant for you to be getting out and taking shore excursions and seeing the sights.  Speaking of which, I would recommend at least having a VERY good idea of which excursions you want before boarding if not booking them ahead of time.  They fill up FAST!

The food on board is very good.  Not just phenomenal, but very good.  I would recommend trying the main dining room.  It is every bit as good as the specialty restaurants.

Cruise Photos

The cabin was very roomy with a large walk-in closet and and nice bathroom with a tub. The butler was super and very helpful with choosing excursions. We were also greeted daily with little snack surprises like chocolate covered pineapples or strawberries. The in-cabin coffee maker was also amazing.
We didn't really take advantage of the children's activities other than the pool, so I can't comment
Honolulu, Oahu
Pearl Harbor is a must.
Kahului, Maui
Hilo, Hawaii
Need to see the Craters National Park.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Beautiful, warm waters, great for snorkeling
Nawiliwili, Kauai
A gorgeous island!!!

Go to the main dining room for dinners, not just the specialty restaurants. The food there is AMAZING! This is a smaller ship, and it is out in the Pacific so the waters are a little rougher. I would advise anyone with motion sickness issue to invest in a scopalamine patch prior to departure.