Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Third Mate

Alan's Review

Sail Date: September 06, 2014

I liked the cruise because we got to visit several of the Hawaiin islands with the convenience of a floating hotel.  The food including specialty restaurants was great. Overall the cruise was great fun, the ship was well maintained, the island and ocean scenery was terrific (we got up early several days to watch the sun rise) and we plan to cruise again, probably with Norwegian.

On the negative side:

I did not enjoy the fact that several attractive entertainment options were only available late at night (10:00 PM).

Our daughter purchased the Romance Package for us. The package included in room chocolate covered strawberries on embarkation day. They were not delivered until we called to ask for them.  Also, we were to receive in room canapes and tea service on Friday but although we called on Friday  morning to schedule these, they never arrived. I had to call one of the supervisors to complain. We were given a bottle of wine in their place. Still, we were disappointed that the romance package was not delivered as promised. Poor service I thought.

Alan Otto

Children's Programs NA
When we first got into the cabin I noted a stale or used smell. I guess it's hard to air the cabins with such a quick turn around.
Honolulu, Oahu
Honolulu is crowded and busy, very touristy
Kahului, Maui
Hilo, Hawaii
Really enjoyed tohe tour to HILO COffee and Mr. Ono's art gallery
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Nawiliwili, Kauai

Aloha Cafe is excellent for buffet. Specialty restaurants food and service was terrific. Promenade deck is a great place to watch the sun rise.