Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Third Mate

Government shut down

Sail Date: October 12, 2013

Travelling on the ship & dinning was great I would like to give every employee a personel thanks as working with the public is extremely difficult to say the least in such close quarters & a short cruise. The staff of the ship could not have been more cooperative making the cruiser enjoyable knowing so many people were effected by the gov't shut down causing everyone to re- think the excusssions they planned at the gov't run excusions sites which is why most people plan this cruise to see these sites. You handled this delimena well & everyone was accommedated without to much of a problem we will be looking forward to another attempt to visit this area again & hopefully see the sites we missed we can only hope the gov't takes note of how much money the caused the cruise too loss & works out a plan for your cruise lines. Thanks the Butler family trip of six.

7 day cruise it was just sleeping/eating off ship more than on with excusions
quality was not what we expected
toilet leaked in bath room floor twicw in the middle of the nite I had to clean it up so we could go to sleep & we reported along with the refrig in the room leaked onto the floor & was later rectified.
all it takes is one bad experience with a female bartender who not only just refused to help me by ingoring me requesting a bottle opener for the beer which the waitress delievered then to have the waitress try to get her to give her the bottle opener & being ignored it took the bartened 10-15 minutes to send over the opener which by then the beer was warm & I was HOT & all 6 left the upper deck bar which we were there every night spending money. Again one employee having a bad nite turns people away unhappy & to clarify the bar had no one there when I first stood at the bar then 2 ladies sat & she waited on them I never spoke to this employee except to ask for the opener. I did get her name & gave it to one og the personel who seemed to be in charge after we left even the waitress apologized for the bartender's action.
enjoyed the one's we attended
Children's Programs no children
Onboard Activities entertaining on such a short cruise it hard to say anything
enjoyed every port we stayed 7 more days on Oahu this was disappointing having to deal with all the homeless people someone needs to get them off the strip & into an area they can not be seen as tourism is now the new job market.
Honolulu, Oahu
need to improve the site of the homeless
Kahului, Maui
already stated beautiful
Hilo, Hawaii
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Nawiliwili, Kauai

We ate every day @ the breakfast buffet & it was good with a lot of food to choose from & the short wait time so we could make our excusions without incident. Anytime dinning was enjoyable along with the specialty dinning offers which we took advantage of for dinners.

1 Comment