The islands are beautiful, but . . . .

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 16, 2013
Ship: Pride of America
As other reviews have stated, and correctly in my opinion, the ship, service and food leave a lot to be improved upon. But, the islands are beautiful and NCL is the only cruise line that does the islands without sailing from the mainland. I didn't expect much in line of food and the ship and I wasn't disappointed. The ship was dirty, old and small. The cabins were extremely small compared to other cruises I have been on. The cabin steward was friendly but did a horrible job cleaning the room. I had to call her supervisor to get the hair and dirt from the previous occupants cleaned out of the bathroom. I never did receive the extra bath towel I requested the first night we were out.

The food was mediocre and the service was extremely slow. We got coffee with no spoons to stir it and gave up after 15 minutes and went to the Cadillac Diner. The Cadillac Diner was the exception on the ship - the food was good, the service extremely friendly and the food was delivered to your table quickly.

The excursions were great and the sites to see fabulous. If you want to see the islands without sailing from the mainland NCL will get the job done. But don't expect that you will have a true cruise experience with the pampering, fabulous dining and beautiful shipboard amenities.

mediocre food, terrible service

Excursions great, entertainment okay

surly, unfriendly except to Cadillac Diner

Old, dirty

very small and dirty

Go to the Cadillac Diner!! The food and service was great and the wait staff exceptionally friendly and fun to be around.. The wait staff from all the dining rooms should be trained by the staff at the Diner for they really know how to be helpful, friendly and just fun to have wait on you. Kudos tho them!