A great honeymoon

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 25, 2010
This was my first cruise, and it was a great experience. The crew of pride of america was wonderful. The ship was great and the excursions were all great fun. The excursions were well planned and operated very efficiently. The tour guides were engaging, interesting, and funny on all 6 of our excursions.

The number of choices in the main dining room and buffet were always huge. The food tasted like it was freshly made rather then made in large bathes in a cafeteria kitchen. The chefs were willing to work with my wife who have multiple stomach issues (lactose, butter allergy, egg yolk allergy, and colitis) even in the buffet area. We only visited the italian speciality restaurant, but the food was excellent and the experience was great for a little romantic date night type of meal in the middle of our cruise.

We spend only a little time on the ship but the shows we did see were excellent. The improv shows were very funny.

The staff regularly went above and beyond. Everyone had a smile and an aloha for you. The room staff ever listened to a special request I had. My new wife adores turtles and we saw the turtle towel animal on the display table. I left a note asking the maid to leave her one and we came back that evening to find our request granted.

The ship was great. I would have liked a little bit larger pool, but overall the ship was great.

I have sleep apnea and require a CPAP to sleep. The staterooms have no electrical outlets on the bed side of the room. However the staff came through and did have an extension cord I was able to use. I would like to see electrical outlets on the bed side of the staterooms. Also, there was no clock that could be seen from the bed which was a little annoying when you wake up on an East Coast schedule in Hawaii and have to fumble for your phone to see if you have hours left to sleep.
The best of Maui tour was very interesting. I do wish we had some more time at some of the stops, expecially at the marine center. I felt that to actually read everything or listen to the audio tour would have taken longer then we were given. Bring a jacket if visiting the crater at sunset. We almost froze.
Don't Miss: Haleakala Crater at sunset.

Don't Miss: Volcano National Park

Don't Miss: Waimea Canyon

Pros: The quality of the ship's staff

Cons: The small bathroom

Recommends Pride of America? Yes!