Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

It was paradise

Sail Date: May 12, 2007

Room Type: Suite

This was our first cruise to the Hawaiian Islands and on NCL Pride of America. The ship was beautiful, very clean, had plenty of restaurants and bars. The entertainment was not the best, except for a team of 2 comedians, who were hilarious and used crowd participation. We enjoyed the Freestyle Dining and the speciality restaurants were a positive option. There is an additional service charge for the speciality restaurants, however, after 8:30 pm, the service charge is 2 for 1. We had 1 negative experience with the speciality restaurants, "Little Italy", food was fair and service was awful.
The itinerary was great and Hawaii is breathtaking. Shore excursions were plentiful; we were in Maui for 2 days, so we rented a car--it is a nice option, you can do it at your own pace and not be rushed. In Kona, snorkeling was amazing, highly recommended. When the ship was leaving was leaving Kauai (our last day), we were able to see the breathtaking Na Pali coastline and the ship's captain turned the ship around so that both sides of the ship could view it. We stayed in a family suite, in the aft section of the ship. The room was large, a little crowded for 4 people, but our balcony was almost as large as our room. It wrapped around the side of the ship--perfect for relaxing after shore excursions or a day at the pool.
I highly recommend the Pride of America--we realy enjoyed it.

Pros: The ship is American base and young crew!!

Cons: Entertainment, not very entertaining!

Recommends Pride of America? Yes!

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Snorkeling excursion, the best--I loved this location.
Hilo, Hawaii
Hilo, Hawaii
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Luai was awesome--a must see and this island is the best for waterfalls and volcanos. If I ever chose to live in Hawaii, this is the island, I would choose.
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Kahului, Maui
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Snorkeling excursion, the best--I loved this location.
Kahului, Maui