Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

An OK Cruise

Sail Date: December 23, 2006

The Pride Of America is a new ship, so everything was very new and clean looking. I think the gift shops could be improved. There wasn't much of a variety in products, and the prices were too high. I did enjoy the shows. The staff wasn't as friendly as they should have been, with the exception of our housekeeper who was just great. The public bathrooms on the ship were often dirty and smelly. The beach at Maui that the free shuttle took us to was terrible. The second day we payed a taxi ALOT of money to take us to the other side of the island where the beach was just beautiful. A few of the ports were very ugly and very loud. Overall, I think NCL needs to improve the staff and have more activities, especially for the kids. I don't think I'll take another cruise with NCL.

Pros: No cooking, cleaning...

Cons: food wasn't that great in the restaurants;employees could have been friendlier(although there were a few who were wonderful)

Recommends Pride of America? No.

Hilo, Hawaii
Went shopping at the mall.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
I enjoyed the shopping at Kona. Very pretty shops and had a delicious lunch.
Don't Miss: shopping
Kahului, Maui
The port was ugly and the beach the shuttle took us too was terrible. Took an expensive cab ride to other side of island for a good beach.
Don't Miss: don't miss the other side of island. Much prettier.
Kahului, Maui
Don't Miss: don't miss the other side of island. Much prettier.
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Pretty shops at the Coconut Market Place.
Don't Miss: Coconut Market Place On the bus ride we saw the lagoon from Gilligan's Island. Too Cool!
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Pretty shops at the Coconut Market Place.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
I enjoyed the shopping at Kona. Very pretty shops and had a delicious lunch.
Don't Miss: shopping
Hilo, Hawaii
Went shopping at the mall.