Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Great Intinerary - bad food

Sail Date: July 29, 2006

The ship is new and probably mid-range in terms of star quality. The staterooms are small but nice. Definitely get a balcony room. The guests were all families, couples and large groups. The enteretainment was limited and there is no night life on this boat.

Pros: The itinerary

Cons: The food

Hilo, Hawaii
We rented a car and drove to Volcano national Park and Akapa Falls. This was an economical way to go. Would not pay a lot for these excursions. You can get a car right outside the boat for $70 for the day.
Nawiliwili, Kauai
This is a beautiful island and I'm sure all of the sights are worthwhile. I was told by the locals that Poipu beach is fantastic. You can rent a car and drive there in 30 minutes. the cruise past the Napali coast was great.
Kahului, Maui
I heard that Haleakala was a must see but we did not go there
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
We did the zodiac raft and snorkeling. It was a lot of fun. Don't take this excusion unless you like high speed bumpy boat rides. Shopping is great in Kona.
Nawiliwili, Kauai