A Nice Trip

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 17, 2007
Ship: Pride of America
The ship was clean, and the service in the specialty restaurants was great. My cabin stewart was great.

I dined in specialty restaurants every night on the ship. I did hear bad reviews about the food in the main dining rooms. I felt bad since most families cannot afford to dine in the specialty restaurants, at a cost of $80 for a family of four for 1 night. But the staff in the speciality restaurants offered great service, expertise, and flexibility when I needed to change times or size of my party reservation.

The Bar manager was friendly and the Concierge manager went above and beyond by delivering martini glasses to my room.

Access to the back pool and The Lanai Bar was not convenient. Also, a conference center at the front of the ship didn't seem appropriate. Usually, there is a bar and an interior and exterior viewing area for passengers.

My cabin stewart was great and I enjoyed my balcony room on the 10th floor. The room always looked great and I was always greeted with a smile and pleasant conversation.

Don't Miss: The volcano. Either take a helicopter trip or do a hike to see this active volcano.

Don't Miss: The Luau and the bike ride from the crater.

Don't Miss: The Luau and the bike ride from the crater.

Pros: The ports and Specialty Restaurants

Cons: Not being able to book specialty restaurant reservations prior to 24 hours in advance, staff members who were ending their contracts but verbalized their excitement about leaving to the passengers. Access to certain areas was not convenient-to the back pool and to The Lanai bar.

Recommends Pride of America? Yes!