Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Beautiful destination

Sail Date: August 01, 2009

The ship is the only one that sails under the American Flag. If this were my first cruise, I wouldn't know better but I've cruised alot. The destination is great, how can you mess up Hawaii? But one of the things I look forward to the most is the great food. I can honestly say the best thing I ate all week was a chilled strawberry soup. I had a steak in the main dining room that was awful and so was the beef loin. The night we had lobster, it was a very small tail paired with a very bland grouper filet and I had to ask for the drawn butter. Who eats lobter without butter? The service is usually perfect on a cruise, not this one. Tables were dirty in the buffet area, dishes were empty and not refilled, I was appalled. Many of the workers were busy talking to each other rather than paying attention to their jobs. This was a perfect cruise other than the food and the service. Also remember, you pay extra for sodas, pictures, food, and just about everything else you need.

Pros: my cabin, my balcony room, ease of dining, entertainment, ease of disembarkation

Cons: Food, 7 of the 11 restaurants on board you had to pay up to $25 pp extra, the food in the other areas wasn't very good

Recommends Pride of America? No.

Food not good at all. Dining convenience was great.
Kahului, Maui