Beautiful destination

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 01, 2009
Ship: Pride of America
The ship is the only one that sails under the American Flag. If this were my first cruise, I wouldn't know better but I've cruised alot. The destination is great, how can you mess up Hawaii? But one of the things I look forward to the most is the great food. I can honestly say the best thing I ate all week was a chilled strawberry soup. I had a steak in the main dining room that was awful and so was the beef loin. The night we had lobster, it was a very small tail paired with a very bland grouper filet and I had to ask for the drawn butter. Who eats lobter without butter? The service is usually perfect on a cruise, not this one. Tables were dirty in the buffet area, dishes were empty and not refilled, I was appalled. Many of the workers were busy talking to each other rather than paying attention to their jobs. This was a perfect cruise other than the food and the service. Also remember, you pay extra for sodas, pictures, food, and just about everything else you need.

Food not good at all. Dining convenience was great.

Don't Miss: Captain Zodiac rafting and snorkeling

Don't Miss: Canyon
Volcanoes National Park
Don't Miss: Volcanoes National Park

Pros: my cabin, my balcony room, ease of dining, entertainment, ease of disembarkation

Cons: Food, 7 of the 11 restaurants on board you had to pay up to $25 pp extra, the food in the other areas wasn't very good

Recommends Pride of America? No.