Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

WORST FOOD EVER! BEST TIME IN PORTS!

Sail Date: May 23, 2009

OK People,

Here is the deal: the food is horendous. I mean I read reviews before getting on the ship and thought I knew what I was in for and I was wrong. One night I even complained to someone who brought out a FAT chef who looked like he didnt give a crap and I explained how their food was under cooked or over cooked, very bland, spices in food that does not belong there, and how I had to eat things I didnt like just to get a meal. The FAT chef looked at me like ya whatever and asked for my room number. Not once did he apologize and the next day the stir fry rice that had southwestern seasoning in it was still there. I think they enjoy getting crap from people about how bad their food is. This lets them know that they are doing their job properly to try to force people to go eat at the pay restaruants which I refuse to do. FREESTYLE CRUISING SUCKS!

Second, our room steward never introduced themself to us, we had no pen in our room, no creamer, our peanuts out of our mini bar were half eaten and I found out cause they tipped over and felt light. I informed our steward as someone else was complaining that she over charged them on their mini bar bill and she said she only charges people for items that are missing and she does not check to see if things are open. OMG! WOW! She also was very snippy. My mother in-law payed for a better room with a balcony and the sheets and towels situation was night and day. Theirs were nice and white and clean. Ours were stained, dark, and ripped. It seems that the cruise line likes to treat upper class better. the only reason we got the cabin with no window is it makes my wife sea sick. Our room steward didnt vacuum the last three days, and I complained several times about our bed smelling like pee. It cleared up about two days later but nobody did not one thing about it.

last but not least, apprentley in all the paperwork and reviews we went through, we never saw one thing about tipping other than this was a no tipping ship and that all your tips where included in the price you payed for your room. THIS IS NOT TRUE! at the day before we left we found out that they added $220 charge for tips to our bill for the restaurant people and our steward whether you ate their or not. THIS IS HIGHLY UNACCEPTABLE and as usual when we tried to adjust the tip at the pursers office they gave us a hard time about it. I will not pay for lousy service by a room steward.

Other than that, the cruise was fine.

Pros: Time in PORTS

Cons: FOOD NASTY!

Recommends Pride of America? No.

Nothing to write home about
This was the only thing that kept us happy was the fact that the ship staff were so nice.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
nice coffee and great beaches
Don't Miss: beaches
Nawiliwili, Kauai
beautiful island and beaches
Don't Miss: beaches
Hilo, Hawaii
Volcano. the waterfalls are blocked off for swimming
Don't Miss: volcano
Kahului, Maui
Maui was the best island in my opinion. NOT worth the time to make the HANA drive other than the waterfalls. HANA is a tiny town with a small bay. THERE IS NOTHING TO DO THERE. Dont bother making the drive all the way.
Don't Miss: Waterfalls and blow hole and beaches