Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

four stars

Sail Date: January 19, 2008

I was very happy with the ship, the crew and the venues available. The staff was polite and helpful, and the shore excursions were great. My only disenchantment came with dealing with Norwegians direct "help" line. The particular assistant I got (in a call prior to my cruise) was not only abrupt and somewhat rude, but she misinformed me as to when I could actually board the ship. If I had waited until 4 pm--the time she advised would be the earliest time I could board-- it would have been very stressful. The cruise itself was very enjoyable.

Pros: Loved the freestyle cruising and the chance to glimpse a bit of each island of Hawaii

Cons: the cruise line's direct phone info was not helpful and actually incorrect

Recommends Pride of America? Yes!

Kahului, Maui
Maui was my favorite island, just from the standpoint of scenery and "the feel."
Don't Miss: the Catamaran ride on the Trilogy with the shore-boat tour option
Hilo, Hawaii
We arrived very late in Hilo. On this particular day, I feel that guests should have had more input in to whether to take abbreviated outings or cancel.
Don't Miss: The active Volcano
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
I enjoyed the day at the beach, with the options of kayaking, snorkeling, hydrocycling (sp?) and glass-bottom boat.
Nawiliwili, Kauai