Hawaiian Cruise

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 09, 2006
Ship: Pride of America
The ship was almost brand new and still in excellent condition. The crew on the ship was almost totally American and eager to please. All of the staff spoke very good English and there were no communication problems. From the time we arrived at the airport to our departure, we were well taken care of. There were very few problems. My one major complaint was the food. The onboard cafes were just mediocre at best. I did get into the upscale Italian (unable to remember name) Cafe was the worst of the bunch. I had to have a late reservation, and the food was unpalatable. And to make it worse, we had to share a table. I did not eat in any of the other extra charge establishments, as we were unable to make reservations in time. I really liked the "freestyle" cruising, but absolutly abhor the extra charge restuarants. For the price they should be included. I was a little put out over security constantly check to see if alcohol was being brought on board. Seems as if this is all they were checking for.

The chow was just about like any buffet on the shore. Not what I would have expected on a cruise. The main dining room was probably below average. The one redeeming factor was the staff's effort to please.

Every one on this super was just super at trying to please

The stateroom was well laid out and very comfortable. There was plenty of room for all of our junk. The one problem I had was the online use of the television. It took 4 call to get it to work.

Don't Miss: We liked the shopping and relaxation at LaHaina. Margaritas a must at Cheeseburger in Paradise

Pros: The staff on the ship was excellent

Cons: The standard fare food was sadly lacking

Recommends Pride of America? Yes!