Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

VERY BAD BED!!!

Sail Date: April 29, 2006

First time cruising. Beautiful ship. Service was attentive, but I've heard better service at other cruise ship companies.

Pros: Beautiful ship...$500 dinner plates at Jefferson's Bistro

Cons: My "King=2 Twins with plastic connector plate down middle" bed

Room looked very nice. nice size balcony. My biggest complaint was we were suppose to get a king size bed. However, we were given 2 twin beds joined together by a plastic connecting plate down the middle. Considering what we paid for a stateroom with a balcony on our "honeymoon cruise", I was very dissappointed with the bed. I did not enjoy sleeping on the floor for the next 3 nights after a terible first night on the double twin. We resulted in disembarking on the 5th day of this 7 day cruise.
Most of the meals we had were pretty good. Nothing to really jump out and say that was spectacular. Service was adequate. however, we did have one meal we both got a little sick from the next evening.
I will say the service was acceptable for a cruise ship. There were no service situations that would make me say "wow". I've had friends that have had the "wow" service from their cruising experience. I wasn't disappointed...but i am not overly impressed either.
We didn't get a chance to enjoy the activities or entertainment because we were trying to get over being sick from one evening's meal and poor night's rest. Since we disembarked by the 5th day, we ended up canceling our scheduled excursions.
Ship was in new condition since it is only 1 year old. nice themes with all of the restaurants and bar areas.