Oosterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Beatutiful Ship

Sail Date: December 18, 2015

Overall it was good, but food on the Lido deck was uninspired, wait staff and behind the counter staff was great as was our room steward.  We had a bad experience in the eat as you like dining room as the food was a long time coming and another person had the same problem, 2 hours.  We ate in the reserved dining room several times and the service was excellent, knowing that we ordered tea, they would bring the next few times.  Don't like hard rolls, like soft rolls, food was pretty good there and was told in the Italian and other restaurants, it was excellent.  The ships appointments were beautiful.  The entertainment was mostly blah, why don't they get a variety of great acts, from America's got talent, one great pianist but the other one was ok.  While their in house dancers and singers are good, I see them or the equivalent on every ship, even other lines.  Slots were tight, at least compared to other ships I have been on, one of my favorite is video poker and it was not included and the games that were or the ones I saw did not offer great odds.  I played several penny slots and spend $20 on each one and lost all my money in about 10 minutes. Our room aft on the 6th deck was the quietest we have ever had but we rocked and rolled several days after getting off ship.

see above, great cabin but I think it was a tradeoff between quiet cabin and movement of ship. Not as much movement further down or toward the back of the ship.

1 Comment