Absolutely the best holiday

Oosterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaskan Explorer (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 05, 2012
Ship: Oosterdam
My wife and I have never gone on a cruise before - the experience was an absolute joy. Food was excellent and the Le Cirque night at the Pinnacle Grill provided us with the best dining experience of our lives. If going on the Oosterdam we recommend attending the Le Cirque night at Pinnacle, we had lamb and chatteaux briand.
On board entertainment was outstanding Julie Barr was an amazing comedienne, the Oosterdam dancers and singers were first rate also.
Staterooms were attended to 3-4 times per day, pretty much any time we were gone for the room for more than an hour it was cleaned.
The only negative is that it is almost impossible to get past the tourist shops at ports unless you pay large amounts for the excursions, more time in port would have helped. The other commend would be to drop one of the Alaskan ports and had more time scheduled in Victoria.

All dining areas were fabulous\, the only negative comment was that the Lido dining was frequently too crowded and required a couple of laps of the area to find a table.

Children were relatively invisible which I think means the activities were working well.

I left my blackberry charger behind\, one of the staff lent me their personal one for the duration of the cruise without a second thought.

Clean\, luxurious\, and well appointed.

No complaints at all. The room was a decent size and the beds were comfortable. Don't forget an extension cord\, there was only 2 outlets in the cabin both at the desk.

Pros: Service was personal and excellent

Cons: Difficulty in getting past the tourist gift stores at ports

Recommends Oosterdam? Yes!