ReAmped Oasis!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 12, 2020

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 14626

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

This is not my first time on an oasis class ship. So I knew what I was getting into. The first day is complete chaos with people everywhere and muster station is always a complete mess. After every muster station elevators are clogged completely, the Grand Promenade is full of people confused walking everywhere. But once you get past the first day things go back to normal. You'll read a lot about Oasis class ships, some say they are too big and never Sail on them again. Some say they're just right, they like the Innovation and they like everything there is in a mega ship. I sailed on 2 Oasis class ships and one Freedom class ship and I can see the lure to the smaller ships. But for me I love the big ships. Oasis of the Seas is by age standards an older Ship, it's over 10 years old. But when you walk on the ship you would think that it was brand new. Everything up-to-date, everything was glistening, the employees on the ship all courteous, helpful. After muster, after shows, after parades, are the only times you can tell that you are on a mega ship with people everywhere. sometimes on the ship you felt like you are the only person there. I'm an early riser so at 5 a.m. in the morning the grand Promenade is all mine. there's like three people down, and I don't do the pools so I kind of stay away from that crowd as well.

Embarkation

I always get The Key, and there is always some confusion as to where I'm supposed to be in line.

Ship experiences

Food in the Windjammer was very good on this cruise. Main Dining was very good as well. And the coconut cookies that you can get just about anywhere on the ship are AMAZING! one note about room service. The menu is not very good, like it's catered towards teenagers or children. It needs to be ReAmped as well with more adult choices.

Sorrento's Pizza

Nothing to say here except free pizza is a beautiful thing!

Cafe Promenade

Always busy, but what do you expect for a FREE place to eat right smack in the middle of the Royal Promenade! Coffee was excellent on this ship. Sailed on Harmony once and the coffee was horrible. I drank coffee all over this ship and it was good! And free!

Chop's Grille

My fav place to eat on every ship! Food is consistent and service is always special.

Johnny Rockets

First time eating here. Breakfast. FREE! make a note of this, when Windjammer is full or so crowded that there are no sears, go to Johnny Rockets. The have an entire menu for breakfast and it's free. And it's good too!

Giovanni's Table

This place needs to be visited on an empty stomach only! The menu is small. But you get an appetizer, salad, main dish, pasta, and dessert. Not kidding. By the way the menu is structured its hard not to pick 2 starches, which makes for a very full stomach. Food was great. The steak was almost as good as Chops, almost.

150 Central Park

First time at this restaurant. Loved it. Food, service, and atmosphere were first rate.

Windjammer Marketplace

Expect crowds, noise, children, crowds, confusion everywhere. This is the busiest place on the ship and the only place to eat anything that you desire for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For all of the craziness that you see here there is a sense of organized chaos. You will always find a seat, you will always fill your plate, and you will always regret eating too much. The wait staff at Windjammer have the hardest job on the ship, smiling, cleaning up your mess, getting your coffee, and somehow always have food available. Let me put this in perspective, the ship carries some 6600 cruisers. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are at least 4 to 5 buffet tables always full of food. I don't know how they do it, but they will always get 5 stars from me.

Main Dining Room

5 stars for service and the food. Both were outstanding on the one night that I ate there. Now I give 3 stars to the guests eating in the restaurant. I cruise Royal Caribbean because they have a sort of decorum about them. You are encouraged to dress smart casual for dinner, which I would hope dressing for dinner means that you leave your pool deck manners in your cabin. The MDR was very loud, roudy, tank tops, flip flops, shorts everywhere. I'm dressed in a polo, Slacks, and shoes and I felt out of place. Ok I get it that smart casual is not a requirement, and I may be a little old school. But I should be able to tell the difference between the MDR and Windjammer when I'm having dinner. Ok, that's my 2 cents worth.

AquaTheater

Aqua theater show was the best I've seen on any ship thus far. It was incredible! I think it was called Aqua80

For everything that RC gets wrong, the employees on the ship get it right. I commend everyone on theses shops. The cabin steward, the restaurant waitstaff, the ones who keep the ship clean. Everyone that works on these ships need a raise and a thank you from everyone that cruises. They make your trip memorable

The Amped up Oasis is beautiful. Our Junior suite felt brand new. New everything. Carpet, bed, paintings. The ship was gorgeous, they did a great job.

Clean, brand new!

Ship tip

Stay calm and understand that you're on vacation.

Ports of call

Nice port. Plenty of places to eat. Lots of shops. Most sell the same stuff so we just walked alot. Ate at Senor Frogs, food was OK. Loud music, slow service, very laid back. They kept walking around with a bottle of something and a shot glass selling shots for 5 bucks. Nope, not me

Falmouth, Jamaica

Loved this port. Spent way more than I needed though!

Miami, Florida

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

Disembarkation

FAST. always better than embarkation. If course having The Key meant I went to the front of the line when leaving!

Traveler Photos