Great family cruise

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 11, 2018

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 9641

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Overall, I really enjoyed this cruise with my family. The parade on board and breakfast with Madagascar characters was so much fun for my son. My late husband and I enjoyed a romantic valentines dinner. Couldn’t ask for much more.

Embarkation

Flew into MCO a day early and stayed at a hotel with free port shuttle. Boarding was a bit chaotic but overall good experience.

Ship experiences

Chefs Table was fantastic. I would do it on every RCCL cruise if I could

Sabor

Best restaurant on this cruise. Used our 7 night dining package to eat there for 2 lunches and a dinner

My son was 4 at the time and had a great time

Ports of call

San Juan, Puerto Rico

We took this cruise shortly after hurricane Maria. We really wanted to buy local and support small businesses. While there we did an amazing atv excursion. My husband and I were experienced riders and ended up with a private tour. After our excursion, we spent time shopping near the port.

Port Canaveral, Florida

Not much around. I recommend flying in late the night before and heading to the port at your assigned time.

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Our kayak excursion was canceled due to weather and a snorkel excursion was recommended in its place. Honestly it was a poor recommendation because of the choppiness of the weather and inability to see anything. Overall nice boat ride. The airport was cool to see. We witnessed the damage from Maria which was heartbreaking. We were happy to support however we could.

Disembarkation