First Time on Royal

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 01, 2019

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 10197

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was, by far, the best we've been on. We usually fruise Carnival, but I think we have found a new home. Royal is just that...royal.

Embarkation

Our check-in was at 11:30 and we were on before then. Smooth and seamless.

Ship experiences

Portside BBQ

It wasn't too crowded when we went just two or three other people. The servers were so friendly and helpful, and they give you so much food! My husband and I ordered the two meat platter to share (turkey for me and BBQ chicken for him) with extra sides and dessert for him. Food was very good and quite tasty. That banana dream...oh my!

I died on the way down, but came out alive!

We had the best service on our sailing from our room steward to guest services to the wait staff in the Windjammer. Absolutely phenomenal!

They work tirelessly to keep that ship in tip top shape. Except for our fellow passengers leaving plates and cups in the most absurd places, the ship was spotless.

Ship tip

Eat in the MDR at least once and try the different dining options on-board the ship.

Ports of call

Falmouth, Jamaica

My favorite port. Got off the ship, made a few purchases (some patties and spices) and got back on the ship. I regret not doing an excursion. Next time definitely will.

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

Disembarkation

The process goes without a hitch; smooth and effortless. If I hadn't been flagged (for some reason my face didn't match the pic in the computer), we would have been off in 15 minutes.

Traveler Photos

Portside BBQ Aquatheater Ultimate Abyss Ultimate Abyss Aquatheater Watching Spiderman: Far from home in the Aquatheater. Watched an amazing cover band (70s/80s) in Music Hall with my husband. Our CP Balcony was a lovely room. Although I thought with a $165 million amplification they would have replaced some of the furnishings. Our sofa looked a tad worn, but our bed slept extremely well. Beautiful island. The BBQ was okay.