Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Cruise vacation

Sail Date: October 15, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

My sister and I just returned from 7 days Eastern Caribbean on the Oasis of the Seas. Let me just start my saying we are from south Florida and should have known better than to book a cruise for October. I honestly would steer clear of October since it is very rainy even in the Caribbean. We had 2 1/2 days of SUN out of 7 but the ship made up for that. The ship is hands down amazing. The best show on the ship is Come Fly With Me!!! Then the ice skating show and then the Oasis of Dreams show which is a spectacular water show. AMAZING! I promise you these shows will make you feel like you are watching Olympic type professionals. They did a fine job. The food was delicious every where you went. Wind Jammer was nice and had a lot of variety. My only complaint is the service in the Park café for lunch is horrible. The servers were not nice and not helpful at all. They ran out of chips and when you asked questions you got attitude. Everyone else on board greeted you with a smile and were pleasant. My one complaint with Royal is that they close the windjammer to early between lunch and dinner. They closed for lunch at 3:30pm and the only place open for a meal was the Hot Dog stand and Park café. These are complimentary places to eat unless you pay to eat somewhere else. I found that to be an inconvenience because everyone crowded in like cattle to Park café for salad, soup, and sandwiches which by the way the roast beef sandwich was superb!!! Additional advice if you are using your debit card you will have a plethora of holds on your card. Say you bought something for $20.00 they hold $60.00! it makes no sense to me, but it is a lesson learned and we will put cash on our seapass account next time. Oh and if you are going to St. Maarteen be prepared to get bombarded on the beach with woman every 1 min asking you to buy stuff. They do not care if your eyes are closed and you are relaxing, they keep asking!!! I understand that may be there source of income but if I said no politely 10x then why ask again. Royal may want to consider stopping to them as the second trip rather than the last, as many items they were selling many ppl purchased in St. Thomas ( hats, shirts, bags, etc). I do try and support every island so we ate and drank while we were there :). St Thomas is a beautiful island and our tour guide Gwenneth was the BEST and she took us around for 3 1/2 hours for $25.00 can not beat that!!! she took us everywhere to every nook and crennie on the island.

Loved the location of our cabin. I love either AFT or Midship. Great location.
We chose the express check out from 6:30am-8:00am. It was a breeze off the ship by 6:45am.
I would steer clear of going in October it was raining and cloudy most days. We had 2 1/2 day of Sun, but that was all because Captain Ron maneuvered our course so we could get sun and steer clear of the tropical cyclone that was developing east of us.

St. Marten bombarded you with trying to get you to purchase things.
All the shows we saw were great. Come Fly With Me is my favorite above all then the Ice Skating show and Oasis of Dreams. I heard CATS was boring and dry.
Staff in Park Café were RUDE
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
I live in South Florida so I don't have anything bad to say about the port.
Always love Nassau, but this time it rained and poured the entire time we were there. Didn't do much shopping.

Bring Cash or a Major Credit card. Do not use your debit card, you will have a plethora of hold on your card, unless you do not mind.